5.24.2008

Girls' Day Out





After a week of being sick with a horrible cold, followed by Nora's doctor's appointment that involved an immunization and blood test (highly traumatic) we decided it was definitely time for a fun day out together. We started with lunch at the Cheesecake Factory with a friend- thanks for the great idea, Brittany! It was delicious and fun. I treated Nora to a mango raspberry smoothie which she finished almost by herself and enjoyed immensely. We then spent the afternoon trying on maternity clothes with our friend, browsing the homegoods at Macy's (during Nora's stroller nap), admiring the fish and other animals at the rainforest cafe, and playing at pottery barn kids- Nora's all time favorite store. Nora has become such a fun little companion, I almost am starting to feel like I'm hanging out with my favorite girl friend rather than being a mother- that is until I have to pry a toy from her white knuckled fists while she kicks at me and screams. I haven't treated a friend that way in a while...

Isn't she adorable? All the waitresses said so. (yes, that's mango smoothie down the front of her shirt)


3 comments:

Cara said...

I love the cheesecake factory!! We've got to go sometime soon :) I am glad you're feeling better and that you had a girl's day out.

Emma said...

How fun - you are such a great mom! Take advantage of those precious last few months of just Nora time - it gets a little trickier later!
Mmmmmm... Cheesecake Factory!
And yes, Nora is adorable!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun day!

We went to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory the other day and it was so Good!