8.19.2009

Haircut




Okay, so I've had an ongoing obsession with Wells hair. First, he was born with a headfull. Unlike Nora's it was blonde (she was originally a brunette until she was a few months old). I loved to comb it like he was a little man.

Then, also unlike Nora, it all fell out! We waited and waited for it to grow back and when it finally did, it was almost permenantly spiked along the top like in a mohawk. I got comments on it all the time. I think people saw Wells and assumed that I was actually styling it like that. Nora spent most of her day trying unsuccessfully flatten it only to have it spring back up everytime. Eventually, his hair got so long that the mohawk didn't stand up as much, and then on a sad day, not at all. Tonight during dinner, I noticed the unthinkable. A piece of hair was actually long enough to hang in his eye. It put me over the edge. Even though Wells was cranky and tired, I made Josh hold him long enough for me to buzz the top. So here are the before and after shots. Don't worry, I did save a lock in an envelope for posterity. And that's the story of Wells' hair.

No comments: