6.20.2010

Beach Day






Ahh, our first beach day of the season was, how else to describe it, a day at the beach! Last summer the beach was challenging on many levels. I wanted to go because I knew how much fun Nora always had, but taking a baby was so hard for me. I felt like I was constantly following Wells around (who was crawling) and taking random objects out of his mouth. Also, he would do thoughtless things like rub sand into his eyes. Also, the timing was tricky. Wells was still napping twice a day and so I had to squeeze in our beach trips during the few hours in between. Just the memory of the whole ordeal makes this summer seem so blissful. We headed to the beach after breakfast, brought a picnic lunch and made a day of it! Wells and Nora played happily for hours. The hardest part was getting all of our gear to and from the car. It's going to be a great summer!

No comments: