9.14.2010

Welcome to Pre-Kindergarden!

























I can't believe Nora started pre-school today. She seemed so grown up walking into her new classroom with her head held high and introducing herself to her teachers. I have had my eyes on this pre-school since we moved here, before Nora was even born. It is right across the street- the absolute most convenient location there is. I mean, who else can walk their child to school? Let me tell you it's pretty great. I also thought it was great that her class has only seven kids and two very nice teachers. I think this is because most kids Nora's age go to school three or even five days a week, but it seems to be just enough to make some good friends (four girls and three boys total), but not so many that it feels chaotic. The little girl who sat down across from Nora was hilarious. When she first walked in the room and sat down, she said "I'm getting an education!" Later, she picked up a kind of small fruitloop to string on her nametage necklace and said "this one's wicked small!" Josh and I were cracking up. I hope Nora ends up friends with that girl. Overall, I don't believe her first day could have gone any better. This afternoon, she told me "I'm so excited, Mom!" I asked "Why are you excited?" To which she replyed "Because I'm in school!" My baby is growing up!

No comments: